Monday, September 12, 2005

Dreams

I've been participating in my friend and creative mentor, Julie Jordan Scott’s most amazing program to date, Dream Activation, since it began, at the end of August. We connect each morning for six weeks by telephone conference line and/or Yahoo group where we post our dreams for our life, further insights and feedback for others who’ve shared their heart’s dearest desires in the group.

I first shared my dreams on the second day. Yesterday, I had a second opportunity to share. It is a small enough group that we each have the opportunity to speak our dream more than once as we move through the process and come to further clarity about what we desire for our life.

My first sharing drew from dreams I’ve had for many years that have not manifested. Many of those dreams were created at a time I didn't really know my own heart and would project into the future toward something I thought I could do with my talents, or that might be fun. I was nervous at the time I spoke them and as I later listened to the recording, what I heard left me feeling flat.

Were these really my heart’s desires? Where was the passion, the pizzazz, the sense of joyful anticipation? As good and noble as my dreams sounded they didn’t speak to my heart. At least, not as I had spoken them. So I drilled a little deeper and struck a rich vein.

Since my divorce, nearly 20 years ago, I've spent much of my time and energy on spiritual development and personal emotional healing work. For 10 years I was completely immersed in therapy and sessions with healers. Everything that had been my life before receded far out of reach or died of neglect.

Today, I realize my dream is to live more fully in the physical world than I have until now. I feel called to have lovely, comfortable homes—at the beach somewhere warm and tropical and in the country. I feel called to enjoy life in my body, to indulge my senses with beauty and pleasure, to live full out, to have it all. I feel called to travel to Europe, to see Paris and Venice and Vienna, staying in magnificent hotels and dining in fabulous restaurants. I feel called to write books that speak to the heart and soul of my readers. I feel called to create a network of light workers around the globe.

After sharing my dreams from this deeper heartfelt place, I was met with open arms and open hearts. I was applauded and appreciated for speaking what is in my heart. My old fears telling me I asked too much or wasn’t enough for the things my heart would claim dissolved in the warm glow of love that enveloped me as they cheered me on and encouraged me to take steps to live my dreams.

Dreams are funny things, if we don’t name them and claim them they lie dusty and dormant at the back of our mind, closet or drawer. Reclaiming them brings inspiration that uplifts our spirit and brings a smile to our heart. Embracing our dreams and dancing with them fills our bodies with vitality, our minds with new ideas and attracts people and circumstances to encourage, support and guide us on our way.

What are your dreams today? What can you do to realize their power to change your life for the better?

Julie’s Dream Activation 42-day program begins again October 4th. If you’ve got dreams you’d like witnessed, supported and encouraged into life, you can read all about Julie’s amazing program here http://tinyurl.com/d79sd.

No comments: